2018 Region IV Student Conference will be hosted by
University of New Mexico
Friday, April 13 - Saturday, April 14, 2018
The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) sponsors student conferences in each AIAA Region for student members at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Students from regional schools are invited to submit papers and give formal presentations that are judged for technical content and communication skills. Monetary prizes are awarded to the top three winners in each category.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
The conference is open to anyone interested in aerospace related fields. Students are highly encouraged to attend even if they don't plan to submit a paper for judging. The conference provides a venue for students, faculty and industry professionals to interact and discuss current aerospace topics while participating in local social activities.
You must be an active student member of AIAA and you must subsequently register for the appropriate division using the Registration tab found in the menu on the left.
2018 AIAA Region IV Student Conference Winners
1. Payload Design and Development for Orbital Structural Heath Monitoring
New Mexico Tech
Luke Byrom, Carl Bancroft, Douglas MacNinch, Shane Mckinney, Daniel Pacheco, Michael Underwood, Arjun Tandon, and Andrei Zagrai
2. Design, Fabrication, and Uniformity Testing of a Versatile Low-Cost Student Wind Tunnel
The University of Oklahoma
Samuel V. Jett, Karen Martinez Soto, and Orhan Roksa, Dr. Thomas C. Hays
3. Designing of a 2-kN Rocket Engine
Universidad Autonoma de Chihuahua
Luis R. Garcia-Mendoza, Fidel Baez-Avila, Samuel Anchondo-Rodriguez, Eduardo Calva-Quintana, Eloy N. Marquez-Gonzalez
1. Comparison of Linear and Nonlinear Dynamics of a Virtual Telescope
The University of New Mexico
Richard Adcock, Dr. Asal Naseri
1. Application of Computational Intelligence for Command & Control of Unmanned Air Systems
Texas A&M University
Hannah C. Lehman, Prof. John Valasek
2. Characterization of a 50 kW Inductively Coupled Plasma Torch for Testing of Ablative Thermal Protection Materials Using Non-Air Gases
The University of Texas at Austin
Han A. Cha, Benton Greene
3. Preliminary Evaluation of Enhanced Vision Head Worn Display for FAR Part 23 Aircraft
Texas A&M University
Alexandra Heinimann, Prof. John Valasek